We present selected Dynamics NAV functionalities in the field of analysis and reporting.
The success of almost every business is related to analyzing and interpreting data. Typically, data comes from a variety sources. As a result, they need to be structured and transformed into information (eg in the form of reports or charts).
Thanks to the integration of many solutions (eg SQL Server, SharePoint, Excel) within one Microsoft Dynamics NAV software, it allows you to use the tools we use on a daily basis. Intuitive business analytics support and the familiar Microsoft SQL environment make Dynamics NAV fully meet the needs of small and medium businesses.
Below we present selected Dynamics NAV functionalities in the field of Analysis and reporting:
• Reporting of various activities, eg financial transactions.
• Graphic data visualization. Charts based on a table or with a defined query.
• Designing reports using Microsoft Word.
• Analytical views (including pivot tables).
• Data export between Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Dynamics NAV
• Improvements in reporting: eg. Intuitive Jet Reports Express interface and simplified Excel formulas
• And many more..
After the connection between Dynamics NAV and Power BI, the user gets access to comprehensive “dashboards” enabling management of the company’s performance.
The functionalities available within Power BI are, among others:
• Easier data finding with Power Query.
• Merge data from multiple sources.
• Creating advanced data models using Microsoft Excel (creating relationships, custom measures and KPIs).
• Analysis of geospatial data thanks to the three-dimensional map (available as Power Map).
• Providing workbooks, reports and queries between users.
• Website service that allows you to share larger workbooks (up to 250mb) in your browser.
• Analysis of the chart of accounts
• Analysis of financial data from various sources such as: General Ledger, Sales, Purchases, Inventories, Operating Expenses, Salaries, etc.
• Possibility to add dimensions that fulfill the functions of an identifier allowing grouping entries with similar characteristics. As a result, it is possible to conduct a multidimensional analysis.
• Defining additional currencies for reporting purposes.
• XBRL support