In this article, we describe what cloud computing is and we present the benefits of Dynamics 365 Business Central in the cloud.
What is cloud computing?
Cloud computing is a model where software is understood and sold as a service (SaaS – Software as a Service). In other words, it is access to software without the need to purchase a software license, which must be installed on your own servers, because the service provider’s infrastructure is used. In the case of Dynamics 365 Business Central in the SaaS model, access to the system is possible thanks to the Azure cloud.
Cloud computing should dominate the market of business services in the next few years
The use of cloud computing in business is not a new issue. More and more companies around the world use such a solution. What’s more, it is estimated that in the next few years, cloud computing should dominate market of business services. Until a few years ago, most implementations were made using their own infrastructure. Currently, this trend is reversing and more and more implementations are made in the SaaS model.
Why is it worthwhile to implement in the cloud?
- SaaS is a good solution for enterprises from the SME sector that do not have their own technical infrastructure. The purchase of equipment and employment of staff taking care of servers is a certain barrier that, thanks to the SaaS model, can be easily bypassed.
- Dynamics 365 Business Central in the online version is a guarantee of high stability. Everything takes place in the Azure cloud, which guarantees 99.9% availability and a very restrictive SLA in the event of any faults.
- The advantage of implementing ERP in the cloud is increased scalability. The performance parameters can be increased or decreased accordingly at any time. Moreover, the number of purchased user licenses can be changed quickly and without much formalities every month, which is especially helpful when the enterprise is growing rapidly.
- Azure ensures very high standards of maintaining security. Microsoft has invested over $ 1 billion in security research and development. Almost 3.5 thousand security experts work in the ranks of Microsoft.
- SaaS and cloud computing are a duo that supports mobility. Thanks to the online version of Business Central, you can have access to the work environment from virtually anywhere with access to the Internet. This is especially important at a time when the home office is breaking records of popularity.
Find out more: