In the 2020 release wave 2 update, as usual, further improvements in productivity and performance were implemented. At the same time, it is planned to deepen integration with Microsoft Teams and many improvements for programmers.
Several productivity improvements have been implemented. Nextimprovements in telemetry (via Azure Insights) have been made and error handling related to synchronization with the Common Data Service has been improved.
Microsoft Power Platform integration
Investment in existing connectors and in virtual entities.
Modern development tools
There has already been a complete transition to Visual Studio Code, but further improvements are being implemented to increase productivity for programmers.
Developers will be able to send telemetry data to Application Insights from the AL code. In addition, publishers can get telemetry data in Azure Application Insights.
The integration with Microsoft Teams is planned for October – December 2020.
2020 Wave 2 lays the foundation for future onboarding of more countries and regions. As part of this update, the following locations are planned: Brazil, Ireland, Lithuania.
Customer migration tools
Simplifications related to migration from Dynamics GP and Dynamics NAV to Business Central online have been improved.
The improvements relate to the following cases:
– Migration from Dynamics GP to Business Central
– Migration of historical data from Dynamics GP to Azure Data Lake
– Migration from Business Central 14.x (local) to Business Central 16.x (online)
– Migration from Business Central 15.x to Business Central 16.x online
- Group VAT reporting
- Bank reconciliation improvements
- Business Central Company Hub extension
- Pages with FactBoxes are more responsive
- Improved accessibility for low-vision users
- Restoring environments to a point in time in the past