On October 1, 2021, the Dynamics 365 Business Central 2021 Wave 2 update was released (with Business Central version 19). As with any major update, you can expect further improvements in terms of integration with other solutions from Microsoft, the release of new local versions, and further performance and security improvements.
New local versions
Microsoft announced that new local versions will be released – for Argentina, Bulgaria, Chile, Puerto Rico, Slovakia, Ukraine and Burma.
Better integration with popular solutions from Microsoft
Deep integration with Dataverse, Dynamics 365 and numerous improvements in the field of integration with Power Platform. In particular, the connection of Business Central with Dataverse or Dynamics 365 Sales has been improved.
Integration with Microsoft Teams has been extended with additional functionalities. The Business Central web client allows you to share records in MS Teams. This functionality allows you to send a link to a specific record in Business Central using the Teams.
In addition, the possibilities of using Power BI reports created with data from Business Central have been expanded.
New functionalities within Business Central
- Account schedule – it is possible to use the budget name filter for columns. Additionally, several new templates have been added.
- Ability to add non-inventory items to requisition and planning worksheets.
- Bank reconciliation improvements (separate number series, posting preview, etc.)
- More personalization options. You can add additional columns in places where it has not been possible so far.
- Chart of Accounts Overview Page – The Chart of Accounts page displays accounts in a hierarchical list that provides quick access to key information for each account.
- Possibility to track the historical IBAN in the event of a change in the supplier’s bank account number. Thanks to this functionality, you can change IBAN numbers on supplier bank accounts without affecting historical entries.
- The ability to track non-inventory items by location. With this improvement, you can track the statistics of non-stocked items by location in the same way as you can for inventoryable assets.
- Improvements in the field of exchange rate files. You can use the rate adjustment for selected suppliers thanks to the Adjust Exchanges Rates functionality.
- A new way of Posting Prview. Posting preview can now show G/L and VAT entries in hierarchical view and is easy to extend
The full list of functionalities released under Wave 2 is available here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365-release-plan/2021wave2/smb/dynamics365-business-central/planned-features