Release wave 2 is an update that includes a number of improvements that will be released between October 2022 and March 2023. It is a large cumulative update that introduces several hundred new improvements in applications from the Dynamics 365 family (including among others Sales, Supply Chain Management, Microsoft Cloud, Business Central and more).
Dynamics 365 Business Central release wave 2
The base of many innovations that Microsoft announces in the near future is to increase scalability and productivity for Microsoft’s partners. Hence, many changes relate to improvements related to system management and administration (e.g. cloud migration data upgrade for extensions, use service-to-service authentication with admin API, restore deleted environments, cloud migration data for extensions)
Dynamics 365 Business Central is constantly improving reporting capabilities for customers, which is why, among other things, new datasets for Microsoft Excel and improved reporting with Power BI are announced. In addition, an invariably important aspect is the integration of Business Central with other solutions from the Microsoft Dynamics family. Hence, some of the improvements relate to the integration of Power Apps and Power Automate services.
Below we present selected new features
- Better bank reconciliation for checks and improved reporting;
- Simplet shopify connection;
- New VAT date field on documents;
- Extended functionality for VAT clauses;
- Financial reporting replaces account schedules;
- Post item charges for each step of the process;
- Set up data exchange more easily;
- Flexible sorting in the Planning Worksheet page;
- Sync sales orders both ways in Business Central and Sales.
The exact list of new features along with the estimated release date is presented in the plan published under this link: 2022 release wave 2 plan.