At aka.ms/bcideas, you can suggest new improvements for Business Central on an ongoing basis. Relying on user suggestions, many features have been updated. Among them, among others:
- The functionality of printing documents as PDF has been connected with the option of adding generated printouts to the FactBox field as an attachment.
- Enhanced customer and vendor document layout.
- Auto-insert recurring sales and purchase line.
- Ability to install various languages from the AppSource.
Country and regional availability
New local versions of Business Central are created regularly.
Along with the wave 1 update, Business Central will be available in another 6 countries: Croatia, Hungary, Colombia, Slovenia, Peru and Latvia.
API for continous delivery of the AppSource apps via Azure DevOps services
Thanks tto Azure DevOps service, partners will have the opportunity to coordinate the implementation of Business Central online. This functionality will be implemented gradually, which means that it will not be available for all partners immediately.
Many new feutres related to migrations to Business Central online
The transition from on-premises to Business Central online is the main area that partners should focus on. According to this, wave 1 update provides many functionalities supporting migration from Dynamics GP, Dynamics SL and Business Central on-premises to Business Central online.
Modern developer tools
The next major update could not miss improvements related to the AL language. We will find, among others:
- AL Interfaces.
- Look up events and insert event subscriber in code.
- Camera/location AL API available in the browser.
- and many more..
A full list of updates planned from April 2020 through September 2020 (2020 release wave 1 plan) is available on Microsoft Docs: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365-release-plan/2020wave1/dynamics365-business-central/planned-features