While updating the RENTAL solution to the latest version of Dynamics NAV, we also created a new functionality that we would like to present in this updated article.
Key features of the Rental solution:
- Defining the type of contract (device, equipment, chiller). The agreement contains detailed information about the lessee, dates and duration of the lease, the terms of payment, the salesperson involved, the mode of transport, the service information and the data specific to the type of rental.
- The ability to determine the involvement of a technical salesperson participating in the sales proces. This information is stored in the system and used for invoicing.
- It is possible to close and open a contract as a way of facilitating the archiving process.
- Adding contract lines – a description of the services / equipment you are renting – the lines contain information about invoicing, rates, and rental time.
- Rental over a period of time – allows the user to indicate the days in which the rented equipment is invoiced.
- The users of the accounting department have the ability to create equipment from fixed assets, which can be further processed by Rental users.
- Printing Hand-over Protocols – It is possible to add protocol templates and edit them via Dynamics NAV, which can be later used by all users. Templates are saved in Microsoft Word format.
- Contract printing – contracts are generated to a previously mapped Microsoft Word template.
- Create an invoice for the contract – based on contract lines and invoiced items during the rental period, a sales invoice is generated, containing all the information needed for accounting
- Rental users have a dedicated view, limited to the scope of their activities in Dynamics NAV.