Microsoft 365 Copilot is now available for Dynamics 365 Business Central. For now this is just preview version. In this article we describe what Copilot is and show how you can start working with the first public version.
What is Microsoft 365 Copilot?
Microsoft 365 Copilot is a new technology from Microsoft based on artificial intelligence. This technology combines the power of large language models (LLM) with data downloaded from the Microsoft Graph and applications from the Microsoft 365 family.
Copilot will be embedded in applications that are part of Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, etc.). This solution will be similar to a chat, which will be a kind of assistant during everyday work.
Microsoft 365 Copilot in Dynamics 365
Copilot allows you to enter commands in natural language. For example, you can enter the command “Inform my team about updated product strategy” to generate a textual summary of the current status based on emails or MS Teams chat content. Another example is the “animate slide” command, which can be entered in Microsoft Power Point, or the “insert table” command, entered in Microsoft Excel. More examples of the use of Microsoft 365 Copilot within applications from the Microsoft ecosystem are presented below:
- In Microsoft Word, thanks to advanced language models, you don’t have to start work with a blank slate. Copilot provides a draft document so you can save a lot of time on content preparation.
- In Microsoft Power Point, artificial intelligence helps in suggesting the layout of slides so that they look attractive.
- In Microsoft Excel, you can analyze trends and create professional-looking visuals in seconds.
- In Microsoft Outlook, AI helps you clear your cluttered inbox (in minutes instead of hours).
- In Microsoft Teams, key discussion points can be summarized. A note can be created during a real-time meeting.
- With Microsoft Power Platform, you can automate repetitive tasks or create working applications in just a few minutes.
Microsoft 365 Copilot in Dynamics 365 Business Central
In March, it was announced that Microsoft had launched the first public version of Copilot for Dynamics 365 Business Central. Therefore, it is practically certain that artificial intelligence will improve work during everyday work with ERP and CRM class solutions. For now, the scope of Copilot’s usefulness in Business Central is small (artificial intelligence helps in creating lists with products), but it will probably be expanded with new functionalities in a short time.
Anyone can try out Copilot, whether they are an existing Business Central customer or a potential customer. To start testing this technology, you must go through the process described in Microsoft’s materials here.
The use of Microsoft 365 Copilot in Dynamics 365 Business Central is shown in the video below.