This year’s edition of Microsoft Inspire 2021 took place from 14 to 15 July. The event was organized in the form of a virtual event for the second time in a row.
Microsoft Isnpire 2021 is a conference organized annually by Microsoft for partner companies. The main point of the conference are the speeches of Microsoft representatives and a long list of training sessions. The conference is an excellent opportunity to broaden the knowledge of selected technologies and obtain information on the upcoming novelties.
Below are some of the main points that was announced during the Inspire 2021.
- The importance of solutions based on cloud was emphasized. It seems that this is invariably the direction that Microsoft is taking. The concept of Microsoft Cloud for Sustainbility was annouced, that meaning the industry cloud will help customers across all industries remove their carbon footprint and achove their sustainability goals.
- Microsoft itself also announces the goal of energy neutrality. According to the plan, by 2030, 100 percent of the energy consumed by Microsoft should be obtained from sources with zero carbon dioxide emissions.
- Windows 11 should be release at the end of the calendar year. Both Windows 10 and Windows 11 will be available as part of the Windows 365 cloud. It is a service that allows user to log into Windows via a browser. For now, this service will only be available to corporate users, although there are plans for a Cloud PC for personal computers.
- Further improvements have been announced for the Microsoft Teams application (according to current reports, Teams is used by 145 million users around the world!). The improvements mainly relate to the integration between Dynamics 365 and Teams. Examples of new functionalities include the ability to edit records from Dynamics 365 directly in Teams, notifications from Dynamics 365 appearing in Teams, and adding notes from Teams meetings in Dynamics 365. In addition, Microsoft Teams announced a solution called Microsoft Viva, which should make it easier for employees to find information and use the knowledge and experience of others in the organization.
- It has been announced that there has been a large increase in applications in Microsoft stores including Azure Marketplace and Microsoft AppSource.
- The continuous development of security services was emphasized, as evidenced by the Microsoft 365 Lighthouse service.
- Simplifications in the Business Appliaction ISV Connect program have been announced
Detailed information on announcements presented at Microsoft Inspire 2021 can be found at https://news.microsoft.com/inspire-2021-book-of-news/