Microsoft twice a year publishes a major update for Business Central. We have already announce new features that will be released between autumn 2019 and spring 2020.
Cancel reminders and notes about financial fees sent. You can quickly correct errors in your work at the end of the period by canceling reminders or notes about financial fees.
Carry line descriptions to general ledger entries when posting. When reconciling or auditing data (e.g. such as expenses), it is useful to see the source document line description in the general ledger entries.
Application lifecycle management
- The improvement of the application has been announced. Functionalities to which he drew attention:
- Ability to download a database backup file.
- Improvements in update testing and preparation.
- New option to report production outage in the Business Central Administration Center.
- Support for performant data upgrade from C/AL tables to AL tables.
- Customize a user profile without writing code. Departmental owners, coordinators and managers can have control over the tasks and data assigned to the specific profiles.
- Enhancements to Excel integration.
- Full keyboard shortcut support.
- Add notes and links to data. An ability to add notes that represent slightly more unstructured data is essential in modern business applications. Notes and links are already available for on-premises deployments of Business Central, and we bring these capabilities to the online world in the 2019 release wave 2 as well – enriching its ability to store data in the cloud.
Migration improvements are expected from Dynamics 365 Business Central on-premises, NAV 2018, GP 2018 R2, and Dynamics SL 2018 CU1 to Business Central.
Only selected functionalities were listed above. A full list of announced features is available on the Microsoft website: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365-release-plan/2019wave2/dynamics365-business-central/add-notes-links-data