The slogan “Do more with less”, which is increasingly being promoted by Microsoft, means that greater efficiency is being sought, which affects both Microsoft partners and customers (especially SMEs). In this article we present some observations that can be found in Microsoft materials in this context.
Expectations of the SME sector
“Do More with Less” is particularly targeted towards small and medium businesses. Globally, there are 350 to 400 million businesses classified as small and medium enterprises. They make up 90 percent of all businesses and around 44 percent of the world’s GDP. According to popular opinion, small and medium businesses are the driving force behind the global economy.
According to the Microsoft Work Trend Index 2021 Annual Report, 73 percent of workers say they want remote work. Additionally, according to the Microsoft SMB Research Security in the new work environment April 2022, one in four small and medium businesses reported experiencing a cyberattack last year. According to Microsoft, small and medium businesses want to make full use of their tools and technologies to support safe and effective hybrid working. To meet the expectations of the SMB sector, Microsoft suggests an approach of “Do more with less”.
Conclusions from the research conducted by Microsoft
Among other things, Microsoft presents the following observations:
- IT leaders can reduce the time spent implementing and managing new software by 25% using Microsoft Azure Active Directory and Microsoft Intune.
- You can reduce setup time for new Windows devices by 75 percent using Windows Autopilot.
- Technical support calls can be reduced by 15 percent.
- Nearly 65 percent of SMBs prefer to buy software as a bundle, as part of a “solution suite” that meets all of their business needs. And Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) partners have a real opportunity to help customers navigate this environment with Microsoft 365.
- It is possible to automate system updates, thus reducing IT infrastructure management costs by up to 40 percent.
- Device management time can be reduced by 25 percent.
- “Forrester Consulting, badanie „The Total Economic Impact™ of Microsoft 365 E3” commissioned by Microsoft, October 2022. The results are based on a complex organization based on 15 customers, as reported in the linked study.
- “Enterprise Strategy Group, badanie „Exploring the Economic Benefits of Windows 365”, study commissioned by Microsoft, June 2022.