The Business Central Administration Center is a portal for performing administrative tasks. At this point, administrators can work with client environments and test environments (sandbox), configure update notifications, and view event telemetry.
Who can use the Administration Center?
- Internal administrators, e.g. company users who are IT specialists.
- Administrators delegated by a company which carry out implementation of the system.
- People from the helpdesk department delegated by the company implementing the system.
The Environments section allows you to view information about the company’s environment and about the test environment (sandbox). The administrator can update the selected environment. In addition, it is possible to open a page containing detailed information about your environment.
Functionalities offered by the Business Central Administration Center
- Creating a new environment.
- Creating a test environment (sandbox).
- Environment update.
- Defining the “update window” allowing to set the date and time in which the update is to be made.
- Sending email notifications when a specific event occurs in your environment.
– Notification of upcoming updates.
– Notification of a successful update.
– Notification of failed update.
– Notification when extensions need to be changed to be compatible with the upcoming version of the system.
- Telemetry: allows inform the administrator about errors that appear in the environment.
Business Central administration Center API
Thanks to the API, it is possible to perform administrative tasks on client environments such as environment configuration, update management, sending notifications and viewing telemetry events. The API is available at: https://api.businesscentral.dynamics.com.