One of the innovations in Business Central is the changed schedule of large updates. The new system edition will be published twice a year. The latest is for April 2019. In this article, we present a list of planned improvements.
All improvements will be available for on-premises and online versions.
Improvements have been divided into four categories:
- Productivity enhancements for business users
- Productivity enhancements for administrators
- Powerful features for developers
- Self-help and support
Productivity enhancements for business users
- The 50 characters limit for names and descriptions has been increased to 100 characters.
- Added the ability to select multiple items to add sales or purchase document.
- Management of expiring sales offers has been added / improved.
- The ability to create stock and buyer records from lookups has been added.
- It was possible to copy templates used to create cutomers, vendors and items.
- Functionality has been added that allows merging duplicate vendors and clients.
- A functionality has been added that allows you to bulk import photos of objects (using a .zip file). The photos can be used, for example, in inventory management.
- Added view payment information in the vendor statistics FactBoxes.
- A separate list has been added for SWIFT codes.
- Added “Document Focus” – the mode for enlarging the section containing the rows.
- The working date will be visible in place of the system indicator.
- “Quick Entry” is an improvement in the field of data filling thanks to which the user will be able to fill only selected fields, omitting those which he considers irrelevant. The principle of operation consists in changing the operation of the Enter key so that it differs from the Tab key.
- New keyboard shortcuts have been added. Among others: “show / hide the facts box (Alt+F2)”, “add a new item (ALT+N)”.
- A new indicator has been added (in the form of an appearing text) informing about autosave. The indicator will display the following messages: “Saving”, “Saved”, “Not Saved”.
Productivity enhancements for administrators
- Improvment integration between Business Central and Dynamics 365 for Sales.
- Improvment integration between Dynamics 365 Business Central and Intelligent Cloud.
- Enhancments for application lifecycle management.
Powerful features for developers:
- Ability to design “Quick Entry” feature.
- The possibility of designing the navigation bar has been introduced.
- Standard WEB API: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/business-applications-release-notes/april19/dynamics365-business-central/standard-web-apis
- Visual studio Code and AL: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/business-applications-release-notes/april19/dynamics365-business-central/visual-studio-code-and-al
Above, only part of the improvements that have been announced by Microsoft are listed. The full list is available at: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/business-applications-release-notes/april19/dynamics365-business-central/planned-features#productivity-enhancements-for-business-users