Microsoft recently announced the “Dynamics 365 Wave 1 2021” updates. This is an update that includes all the features and fixes that will be released from April 2021 to September 2021. It is one of two major updates that Dynamics 365 Business Central receives every year.
What changes is Microsoft announcing with the new update?
Better productivity for end users thanks to many functional improvements.
- It will be possible to use Business Central API as a data source for reporting in Power BI (instead of data downloaded using WebServices).
- It will be possible to add keys to the tables.
- Performance improvements come with almost every update. As part of the recent updates, summaries and calculation fields have been sped up. This time, user profiles are to function more efficiently.
- The introduction of Microsoft Universal Print should improve print management in the network without the need to download documents for printing “manually” by the user.
- Users can narrow down dimension values. For example, you will only be able to display selected values for a given general ledger account (even if a specific analytical dimension has been marked as mandatory).
The full list of planned functional improvements is available here.
Deep integration with Microsoft Teams.
As part of the planned improvements, we can expect the possibility of searching for contacts saved in Business Central directly from the level of MS Teams.
Business Central 18 available as SaaS and on-premise
Business Central version 18 will be available in the cloud version (via CSP) and on-premise (via DLP). By using the Dual Rights license, you can choose whether the system will be installed as a SaaS service or in the on-premise version.
New local versions
Microsoft announces next local versions. This time, the system will be adapted to the legal and accounting conditions of India, Greece, Romania and Turkey.
More information about Dynamics 365 Business Central 2021 release wave 1 on the Microsoft website is best found at the very source – on the Microsoft website: Overview of Dynamics 365 Business Central 2021 release wave 1.